So long, January
This first month of 2012 really trudged along. A lot happened apparently, but man it was slow.
I finally got back on track (sort of) with my health, started the D.C. bucket list, joined a book club and went to see a longtime musical favorite. It actually snowed. There was also a lot of music, food and other stuff in there.
- Ragged Wood – Fleet Foxes
- Don’t Forget About Me — Simple Minds
- The Fall — Avett Bros.
- Winter Winds – Mumford and Sons
- Shelter from the Storm – Bob Dylan
- Dog Days are Over – Florence and the Machine
- Set Fire to the Rain – Adele
- Dirty Rain – Ryan Adams
- Hard Sun – Eddie Vedder
January posts I actually liked:
- Well, hello, 2012
- Seven things about me
- The D.C. Bucket list & post on my first Caps game and the brewery tour
- For now, to life
- Back in Session
- Planning for Europe
- Musical Memories
What I ate/ Where I ate (aka, I recommend):
- Irish Whiskey Public House
- La Tasca in Old Town — live music some nights
- Momoyama & Nooshi — whoa I had a lot of sushi, huh?
- Pork Barrel BBQ — OMG, so good.
- Serendipity 3 in Gerogetown
- Pizzeria Paradiso in Georgetown
- Afghan Kabab House in Court House — a lot of great food for such a little cost.
- Aroma in Shirlington
- Recipe post here. Those tacos top my list for sure.
So long, January. I have a feel February is going to be awesome.